Our family

Our family
June 2011

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Potty Training

Yesterday I started potty training Marley.  I have several friends who have potty trained their children, but I never heard them talk about how challenging it was.  Yesterday was stressful!  I knew better than to start training when I was babysitting.  (I babysit my cousin's 2 year old)  I took her to the potty every 10 minutes.  She had mutliple accidents and didn't pee once on the potty.  I would put her on there for 10-15 minutes at a time and she would pee the second I put her pants back on.  At the end of the day, she was frustrated and so was I.  My friends kept telling me to keep with it; that it would get easier.

They were right!  I had to make myself understand that she doesn't know how to use the toilet.  I am teaching her how to do that.  It doesn't help to get frustrated either.  So today we had a break through.  This morning, I put her on the potty when she woke up and she didn't go. She had an accident.  I put her back on and she went!  Yay!  She went 5 times today and only had 2 accidents in the morning. Here's hoping the rest of the week goes well.  I'm hoping she will be trained by the end of next week so I can get back to life as normal....kind of.  I have to train Sam soon.  He was tired of Marley getting Smarties, so he decided to pee twice on the little potty.  I wonder what Tamara thinks of all of this.  We had a little celebration each time one of the kids peed on the potty.  Oh the things we do to encourage our kids and make them feel special. 

Overall, a successful day.  Nick had a good day selling furniture too.  Now on to Wal Mart at 9:00 at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment