Our family

Our family
June 2011

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Our exchange student has arrived!

Our exchange student, Tamara, arrived yesterday from Italy.  I picked her up from the airport at 2 and brought her home to meet the family.  The kids liked her immediately.  For some reason Sam calls her "Kaffy" and wants to know where she is at all times.  Lucy, our dachsund, is a little unsure about her.  Over time I know she will get used to her. 

We wanted to take Tamara out to dinner to welcome her to Newburgh.  So, we went to Cheeseburger in Paradise.  While we were waiting for a table, Sam puked all over the floor in the entry way.  He also puke all over the mats in the doorway.  Obviously we didn't stay.  We ended up picking up Chick Fil A. 

I took Tamara to Wal Mart with me.  What a great way to introduce her to American culture.  Tomorrow she goes to orientation at Castle and school starts on Wednesday.  The bus picks her up at 6:42.  I don't think I have been up that early since my teaching days.  This will be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment