Our family

Our family
June 2011

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Peyton's Birthday

Today would've been Peyton's 4th birthday.  It is such a bittersweet day.  I miss him so much and wonder what life would be like if he was still here.  I am so thankful that God has blessed us with 3 healthy children.  I never would've thought 4 years ago that I would have 3 children under the age of 3!  God is good. 

I took the kids to the cemetery this morning.  They had to stay in the car because it was so hot.  I try to go there at least twice a year.  Always on his birthday.  Going to the cemetery is always hard because he is surrounded by babies who died early. I think about all the other families who have had to bury a child way too soon.

It really does get easier.  On a daily basis I am not sad anymore, but his birthday is always emotional.  The memories of his birth and death are still fresh in my mind.  It feels like it was a few months ago and not a few years ago.  Thankful that we got 3 days with our little boy before he went home to be with the Lord. 



2 comments:

  1. KARA.... speechless!
    Hugs and prayers for you today!!
    My GOD continue to BLESS you daily and give you peace for Peyton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey darlin. i'm praying for you...

    ReplyDelete