Our family

Our family
June 2011

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ellie's 1st Birthday

Ellie's 1st birthday was on August 21st.  Nick's mom and dad and brother and his family came down for the weekend. They got here on Saturday afternoon.  We spent some time hanging out and then went to Gatti Town for dinner. 

Sunday was Ellie's party.  We ended up having our family over. It was a lot of fun.  Ellie really enjoyed eating her cake.  Ellie got a lot of neat presents.  She got a big girl car seat.  She got some really nice outfits too.  It's hard to believe that my little baby is one years old. 

Ellie still isn't walking, but she is taking lots of steps. She is saying a lot of words too.  Mama, Dada, Elmo, snack and night night are her most common words.  The twins are very talkative.  Marley and Sam can say their ABC's and can count to 12.  (Thanks Sesame Street)  I am so blessed to be a mother to 3 wonderful kiddos.  I'm looking forward to seeing them grow up. 

I stopped nursing when she turned one.  It's been a challenge for me to figure out how to eat like a normal person.  I have been either pregnant or nursing for 4 years so it is going to be hard to change my diet.  I've been used to eating a lot of sugar.  I need some discipline!

We are really enjoying having our foreign exchange student with us.  She dislocated her knee cap 2 weeks ago, so we are trying to figure out the best way to help her heal.  I found out yesterday that she was in the opening ceremonies for the Torino Olympics.  Pretty cool! 






No comments:

Post a Comment